Hafa Adai, Tirow, and Welcome to the Office of the Attorney General.
The Office of the Attorney General provides legal counsel and representation to Commonwealth government and its agencies in many issues vital to the people’s interest. These issues include the protection of children from abuse and neglect, preservation of the environment, protecting the Commonwealth’s financial assets, the protection of consumers, and public safety.
The Office of the Attorney General welcomes your ideas on ways that we can serve you and the community.
The Office at a Glance
The Attorney General:
- Is the Chief Legal Officer for the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Represents the Commonwealth in all legal matters
- Advises Executive Departments, Autonomous Agencies, and Public Corporations
- Takes Legal Action on behalf of its citizens
- Prosecutes violations of law
- Combat graft and corruption, domestic violence, child abuse and neglect, drugs and violent crimes
- Build and improve relationships / partnerships, enforcement of laws and to promote proper training
- Ensure criminal cases are thoroughly investigated and reviewed before charges are filed
- Ensure the safety and security of the people of the Commonwealth
- Work in partnership with the Executive Branch, Legislature, Courts, Law Enforcement Agencies such as Customs, Police, Fish & Wildlife, Probation, Parole, and Federal counterparts
- Increase enforcement of consumer protection laws
The 34th Annual Attorney General’s Cup Speech Competition will be held on Friday, May 4, 9:00am at the Fiesta Hotel and Spa, Hibiscus Hall. A total of eight high schools will be participating in this year’s competition. They include: Saipan International School, Eucon International School, Grace Christian Academy, Marianas Baptist […]
The Office of the Attorney General has launched its new redesigned website at www.cnmioag.org. The new website affords access information on current issues and view activities of the Office of the Attorney General. The website also allows download of forms such as the Consumer Protection Complaint and Child Support Enforcement […]
The Office of the Attorney General will hold its 34th Annual Attorney General’s Cup Speech Competition on May 4, 2018 at 9:00 am at the Fiesta Resort and Spa, Hibiscus Hall. Eight (8) high schools will be participating in this year’s competition, they include: Dr. Rita Inos High School, Eucon […]